He did about 20

Tasted it. Started adding more. I left.

Dec. 20, 2008 postscript

Well I'm embarrassed. Me being a former EMT, I should have known. After bouncing the sugar conundrum around with my friend Scott a while, a bell started to ring in the back of my head. Took me a few days but I suddenly remembered and then confirmed that heroin addicts often need tremendous amounts of sugar to help them achieve the same narcotic effect after long use of the drug.

I'm a dope.

Anyway I've thought about whether to take down the two snaps of the people I have noticed doing this... I won't.

It's a sobering reminder to me. Everyone I snap has a soul and a story. Even if I know little to nothing about them I have to remember that they are real, with real lives and real stories in all their flavors.

Maybe I'm wrong about this guy and if so I'm sorry... but I doubt it and it's better to make this point than to ignore it and not say anything.

Comments

Saknussem said…
Maybe those are all the carbohydrates he consumes of a day...