Videography

Running low on free time. Have no idea when I'm going to be able to properly work through my photos. So the posts here from India won't read nearly as linearly or appear as regularly as I would prefer.

Nonetheless there's some great stuff to share. Simplicity and speed are big drivers now. Accordingly and perhaps most surprisingly at the moment putting videos up meets those criteria better than photos. Thanks to the little Flip MinoHD camera I have recently acquired. It is a marvel.

I have sent a few links around to some folks but I'm going to publish the videos here so folks can find them.

Here's some examples:

This is a video that starts in my hotel room and is real "you are there" kind of video. It is a continuous shot down through the hotel, in my car and almost to the office before we have a very minor accident with a guy on a bicycle. The car and the bicyclist were both ok. Note the scenes along the way. The people on the streets, the tent "villages", just how quickly you hit the poverty once outside the hotel compound.

[***Note for those not as familiar with YouTube, there are a couple buttons on the bottom right of the video window. One is the volume icon and right next to it is the full-screen button. Definitely view full-screen. Press the "esc" key on your keyboard anytime to come back to normal view.]

OK last but not least, please forgive the jerky motion and not always well-composed shots. First and foremost I tried to hold the camera at chest level and as discretely as possible so as not to raise a lot of attention.




One of the office managers, Sugandhi, was a very generous hostess and took me to a local market where she has been going since a child. In fact in the first video she brings me to tiny, but apparently well known, shop famous for it's milk drinks. We had chocolate and it was delicious.




This second video start with us just leaving the shop and exploring deeper in the market.




More to come.

Comments